Thursday, June 28, 2007

Last Day Of School


Wow, what a last day of school this was! In former days the last day of school waterfight was a surprise and the kids went home soaking wet in their clothes. Since this has become a tradition and no longer a surprise to the kids we may as well dress for it!
We start off with the water balloons, passing them back and forth until they pop on each other. I have to say they were awfully nice to each other. I would have been trying to get the other person wet!

We then moved to passing them around like a hot potato. Looks like one just exploded on Mark there :)


Those big water balloons are kinda hard to pop. We ended up throwing them in the air and having the kids catch them. The incentive was, if they caught the balloon, they got to throw it in the air.

We then moved on to sponges. It's like a snowball fight in the middle of summer!


Loading up!



And then we moved on to water guns.

"Just how do these things work anyway??" I had to explain this a few times, calling time out while students gleefully got me wet.




Now you may think that this is unfair, me having by far the superior firepower, but....
....I needed to even things out a little bit!

And finally we moved on to the good ol' slip 'n slide!
Now this was fun!














Well now, this seemed like soooo much fun that I just couldn't resist.

Then it was time to rest for a bit and enjoy our Rolo ice cream.



Gathering around while I opened the class gift.
Spoiled rotten :) Thanks very much! I'm truly ready for the beach now!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seeing all these fun pictures makes me wish that I was back in grade 1 and not just any grade 1, it would have to be Miss J's class!! Obviously the kids have a great time!! Thanks Miss J for all you have done!! Annetta

Anonymous said...

It certainly was a fun day! The only thing that would have made it better was if it had been a little warmer. (check out the kids shivering in line for the slip 'n slide!)
And fortunately for me, I get to spend every day in Grade One :) (and now Two!)