Thursday, February 11, 2010

back to the scene of the crime

It was a beautiful, sunshiny day and Lo! we received some real actual snow! Not a lot, but just enough to make the annual trip out to the wee little hill for some sledding. And I stayed the whole time this year. Yippee :)

The hills were swarming with kids, mostly ours, but a few neighbourhood kids sprinkled in. Enough to get run over several times by students who hurtled down the hill fearlessly and with total reckless abandon.

Ok, not just the kids were fearless :)

And yes, even though we had just a wee bit of snow, we did have enough for a few jumps. Jumps that the kids were lined up for.

Jumps that I somehow avoided this time...

But after some fear and trembling and more horror at the kid bowling at the bottom of the hills (wow can they go flying!) eventually I felt comfortable sledding again. In fact, I was ready to toboggan some more when the time came for us to head back to school.

Racing Daniel down the hill. He went over the jump. His chicken teacher did not.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

love the pictures! looks like you had fun!!

Josie said...

Miss J!? You made it through safe and sound... you faced the 'back to the toboggan hill' demon and WON!
I'm so glad and by all accounts - the pic's show a beautiful day to boot.
I'm proud of you.
Twinks

Anonymous said...

Great pics Miss J...you did yourself proud by getting on that sled again:)
I don't know if I would be that brave:(
Enjoy your long weekend (with a very special day in the middle of it all:)Congrats!!
Mrs P

lilly said...

Indeed, the toboggan hill was conquered. Actually the hill is more like a "bump", but that was the problem in the first place...me thinking "what could possibly go wrong here?"

But it was a fun day. It's good to get outside in the fresh air again.