It's the day we were all waiting for! I thought I would be a weepy, sobby mess saying goodbye to my Grade Two class after having them for two years instead of one, but I managed to restrain myself :)
Job number one is always thoroughly cleaning up the classroom. Jack is taking his job of cleaning out his cubby very seriously!
Here they are taking down all the pieces of Carrie the Caterpillar. That was a job they enjoyed!
Oh yeah, they handed out stuff too! (should we have filed it immediately into recycling while we had the big recycling bin at school? lol)
And this is what they were all waiting for. I used to leave this as a surprise and then we'd haul out the water balloons, but after teaching at CCS for 8, eight! years with this as my end of year tradition there's no such thing as a water fight surprise.
It is surprising that I keep filling up these water balloons. Really the time it takes to fill them versus the time it takes for them to burst them is rather remarkable.
Here they're trying to race to a point without breaking their balloon. Winners get to chase the losers with the balloons.
Hot potato...er cold water balloon? Good excuse to dump cold water on the neighbour? :)
These were not fun to fill, but it was highly fun to watch them try to whack each other with long snakey water balloons.
They fill up and...
....happily squirt each other until...
But I cheat :) Bigger water gun. Or...
...the hose works very well :)
This is undoubtably the highlight of the afternoon. I have to admit the slip 'n slide is very fun! If we had any water pressure at all (insert pic of me rolling my eyes at the complete and utter patheticness of the water supply at school) I'd have two slip 'n slides going. Maybe one day eh?
1 comment:
Oh what fun! Good memories for those little tykes to take with them as they move on to the next year!
Mrs P
Post a Comment