But this year I've tried to look at the work of more artists and
combine that with what we have to cover in the curriculum.
This is Farbstudie Quadrate, 1913 by Wassily Kandinsky.
This is our class's take on it. We were talking about how art doesn't have to look like a photograph to be Art. And we were impressed by how this looks on the hallway wall.
And then we moved to working on drawing what we see and not what we think we see. We did want our work to look real and I think the kids did a great job.
For the past couple of weeks we've been working on our "Miro" projects. Miro-men we called them.
We went back to abstraction. We were working on line and shape in the style of Miro.
This is People and Dog in Sun, 1949 by Joan Miro
I LOVE how this project turned out. You might say I'm ridiculously pleased. :)





5 comments:
Wow!! I must say I can't believe that's grade 1/2 stuff!
Great job!
Cynthia
Fun eh?
Now I don't have any more room on my hallway walls to hang things.
Stuff is going to have to come down. Sigh.
Impressive artwork!
Miro-Men as you call them, remind me of the Saturday morning cartoon animation of The World of Oz. The song still runs through my head these many moons later..."The world of Oz is a very funny place where every one wears a funny funny face - all the streets are paved with gold, and no one ever grows old in that funny land of the Wizard of Oz".
By your quirky influence Miss J, I have thought to include a link from Youtube to substantiate my claims...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brqnui9dV9o
Ha! I am shamefully proud of myself!
Shamefully proud? Or ... ridiculously pleased!?!
:-D
You're quite right, those faces and body shapes are quite reminiscent of Miro and our "Miro-men"!
Post a Comment