Tuesday, April 22, 2008

So what ARE they doing during the Math Olympics?

Here's the primary group that was working in my classroom today. Yes, the "Cones" will probably be featured most this week. What can I say? Easy access! Today's activity was problem solving. I think this shows nicely how they worked this problem together!

Monday was measurement day. However, instead of using metre sticks (too easy!) they used the tallest and shortest members of their teams to measure distances in and out of the school. Guess who was the shortest member of their teams? Yeppers, my kiddies. Interesting strategy some teams took...

Don't get sick watching this one. I was standing outside enjoying the fact that there were kids everywhere working on counting and measuring volume and perimeter. While half the school was inside, the other half was busily working together on their tasks outside. It's why I love these Olympics, it's such a nice way to get the whole school together.

No comments: