Each sheriff is in charge of finding the outlaws on the blackboard (they have boxes around them)....
...getting the key for the jail....
...unlocking our jail...
...and throwing those words back in jail, slamming the (imaginary) door shut again and locking it up tight so those outlaws stay in jail.
Other students find words that answer or finish sentences. I think this word was something that we find on the beach. Students have to find the correct word on the board and then erase it. Sometimes they know the answer but can't find it on the blackboard!
*sniff* memories of students moved away...
This has become the standard pose when I whip out the camera. Hammy hamerton :)
Oh yeah! I love this, it's a return to partner reading. Isn't it amazing? It's only the beginning of October and they're already reading little "books" with their partners.
I had to get a picture of this, my "boys being boys". Those fellows outnumber the girls 17-6. It's not terribly surprising to me to see them gang tackling each other at recess.
More recess shots.
We saw this guy on our window screen early one morning. The kids were appalled that I flicked it off the screen, so these pictures will have to serve as reparation :)
6 comments:
Those little books are great!
I love your little chairs..the lazy boy chair is sweet! Great addition to a classroom setting.
Did you always have them or are they a recent addition.
Yes..boys will be boys..those sweet innocent boys!
Great pics, love reading about all the activity that takes place in your class!
Cheers! Mrs P
Those chairs are fabulous eh? I am the very grateful recipient of donated chairs. The lazy boy came into class a few years ago (and is the object of great desire!) and the rocker chair came in last year. I love them too!
Thank you for all your faithful commenting! I appreciate it :)
LOVE the new template of your blog
Miss J. I think it's "classy" :) in the extreme.
Your playful scheme for Language Arts/Phonics is fun to "see" here on this blog...what a great beginning for these students.
Have a grand day all!
Delphinium Twink!e
Just had to say I love the idea of imprisoning all those dastardly outlaw words ... too funny!
Sue J (just prowling to see pics of my nephew :))
Welcome to the blog auntie Sue! We're enjoying having your nephew in class! And I may be having more fun with the dastardly outlaws than the kids right now :)
Yes Mrs. Twink!e, I have a strange and abiding love for phonics class. I suppose that's a good thing for a Grade One / Two teacher eh? I can only imagine what my "jail" will look like in a few years time with some added touches. I'm already pondering new and improved sheriff hats and badges...
that bug is gross close up
Post a Comment